Make the Call to SERVPRO First
There's no such thin as a small disaster - especially when the water you don't see contains bacteria or can cause mold, rot, and other unseen damage. Water damage can affect the value of your property. Before you get out the mop bucket and try to clean it yourself, consider how the damage can affect your property.
SERVPRO of Salem/Plaistow franchise professionals know how disruptive water damage can be for you, our home or business. SERVPRO of Salem/Plaistow's staff are trained and equipped to manage the drying process. By utilizing the proper equipment and moisture measuring devices, you building will be quickly and thoroughly dried to industry standards, which will help prevent secondary water damages.
Before you risk further damaging the value of your facility by attempting to clean up the mess yourself, call SERVPRO of Salem/Plaistow at 603.893.9700.
Proper Protection = Safe Mold Removal
When there's water intrusions, like a rook leak or leaking water line, mold can quickly become a problem in your home or business. Mold can cause health effects and can also cause significant damage to your property. Fortunately, SERVPRO of Salem/Plaistow's staff has the training, protective gear, and specialized equipment necessary to handle your mold problem. Although every mold damage scenario is different requiring a unique solution, the general mold remediation process stays the same.
The mold cleanup and restoration process begins when you call us to book your free inspection. A member of our team will ask you a series of questions to help determine the necessary equipment, resources and personnel needed.
Look for our next blog when we discuss more of these standard steps for proper mold restoration!
Preparation is KEY!
At this point most of us living in Salem/Plaistow area know how to handle the big winter storms. We rush to the grocery store to get milk and bread because we are all convinced we will be in our house for days on end! The storms that bring feet of snow to our area, no school for days, and state of emergency to keep nonessential personal off the roads. You could lose power, which could cause food spoilage or frozen pipes… and let’s not forget if there is a quick warm up right behind it, you could experience flooding. The nice thing about these larger storms is that they give us time to prepare.
BUT what about the smaller storms? The ones that only bring a coating, inch or two of sleet, snow or ice? The ones that they always say won’t cause much of an impact?
Did you know these smaller, less significant storms can actually cause a greater impact to your home and business? Why? Because we don’t prepare as much. We are told they won’t be as big so we tend not to stress as much and let our guard down. Four wheel drive can plow through anything right… wrong!
So... what can you do?
- Have a list of your vendors and an emergency ready profile (ERP) completed on your business as an additional add to your continuity plan. It saves you time, in the event this “insignificant storms” turns out to be a really big deal.
- Just because there is a storm coming, your business operations cannot come to a halt. Set clear expectations for those in authority as well as non-critical employees in the event an emergency does occur. Is your emergency plan communicated by text, email, or phone call? Is everyone aware of this? It may also be beneficial to subscribe to and send out public transportation updates so no employees are left stranded at your office. Likewise is it acceptable for your employees to arrive late or leave early to ensure their safety?
- With smaller storms we tend to not walk the perimeter of our business to inspect for damage or ice accumulation. By not doing this, it can lead to larger issues down the road or worse, a customer becoming injured. It is always a good practice no matter how large or small the storm might be to inspect your property and document everything. You never know when your insurance may need that information.
In the end, the size of the storm shouldn’t matter. As business owners preparation is key no matter what Mother Nature has up her sleeve. Contact your sales and marketing representative @ 603-893-9700 to learn more about the emergency ready profile (ERP) and how it could benefit your business.
Improve Cleaning through Technology
Dry ice blasting is a revolutionary blasting method that uses dry ice pellets (CO2 in solid form) as the blasting material. The process is very environmentally friendly and provides a fast and effective alternative to traditional methods of cleaning industrial production equipment.
- A dry cleaning process: Dry ice blasting is a completely dr process because dry ice pellets consist of CO2 and vaporize immediately on contact with the surface to be cleaned.
- No water disposal: The system produces no waste products. Only the coasting that has been removed remains to be disposed of, and this can usually be swept or vacuumed from the floor.
- Environmentally friendly: Dry ice blasting is completely non-toxic and no hazardous chemicals are used. Costs connected with the disposal of blasting materials and solvents are saved.
- No Abrasion: Dry ice blasting is non-abrasive and therefore surfaces are treated very gently. Wear and tear resulting from the use of steel brushes, scrapers, and other blasting materials is avoided.
- Improved production time: Dry ice blasting often allows for your production equipment to be cleaned while in operation without a need for dismantling or costly downtime.
Types of Smoke
As SERVPRO of Salem/Plaistow, we know different types of smoke damage requires different cleaning methods.
- Wet Smoke: Usually from plastic and rubber Low heat, smoldering, pungent odor, stocky, smeary Smoke webs are more difficult to clean.
- Dry Smoke: Usually seen with paper and wood Fast burning, high temperatures
- Protein Fire Residue: Produced by evaporation of material rather than from a fire. Almost invisible, discolors paints and varnishes, comes with extremely pungent odor
- Fuel Oil Soot: From a furnace puff back
While “puff backs” can create havoc for homeowners, SERVPRO® Franchise Professionals can, in most cases, restore the contents and structure quickly.
When these types of damages affect your home in Salem, Windham or Pelham, NH; we are always here to help recover your home. We aim to make it “Like it never even happened.”
SERVPRO of Salem/Plaistow 603.893.9700
The tragedy behind each fire damage
When a fire rips through your home or business, it can cause fear, anxiety, and uncertainty.
After the first responders have put out the fire, and the area is deemed safe, it is your ocal SERVPRO® of Salem/Plaistow are here to help. With rapid response from knowledgeable technicians, it is a relief to know that your home or business can be returned to normal as fast as possible.
· 487,500 structure fires were reported in 2013 across the United States
· These damages totaled 9.5 billion dollars in damage to property
· One fire to a home or business was reported every 65 seconds
Don’t let the unthinkable cause stress or doubt for you. Call your SERVPRO® Professionals to make the damage seem “Like it never even happened.”
Join a Winning, Growing Team!
Our Franchise is seeking someone who is comfortable working hard in challenging situations, enjoys meeting new people, has excellent communication skills, and is a serious multi-tasker. If you are self-motivated and have superb interpersonal skills, then you’ll thrive in this work environment.
Are you highly dependable and super-excited about routinely exceeding expectations? Then you may be our perfect hero!
As a valued SERVPRO® Franchise employee, you will receive a competitive pay rate, with opportunity to learn and grow.
- Inventory and load the work vehicle with equipment, products, and supplies needed for each project.
- Maintain a clean and organized vehicle and clean equipment appearance.
- Prepare rooms/areas for work activities. Set up staging area and equipment for each project.
- Leave jobsite with a clean and orderly appearance.
- Perform production processes following SERVPRO® production guidelines per work order per crew chief directions.
- Ensure clear two-way communication with crew chief and other technicians (especially regarding customer needs and concerns).
- Perform end-of-day/end-of-job cleanup and breakdown.
- Leave jobsite with a clean and orderly appearance.
- Effective oral communication
- Basic math skills
- Experience in cleaning/restoration preferred
- High school diploma/GED
- IICRC certifications preferred
- Ability to lift a minimum of 50 pounds regularly, occasionally up to 100 pounds with assistance
- Ability to climb ladders, work at ceiling heights, work in tight spaces (e.g., crawls spaces, attics)
- Ability to sit/stand/walk for prolonged periods of time
- Ability to repetitively push/pull/lift/carry objects
- Ability to work with/around cleaning products/chemicals
- Ability to travel locally and out of state when necessary
- Ability to successfully complete a background check subject to applicable law
Pay Rate: Negotiable based on experience, with possibility of overtime pay and increases based on merit.
Please visit our website, www.SERVPROsalemplaistow.com, for additional information.
Job Type: Full-time
Required license or certification: Drivers License
SERVPRO® of Salem/Plaistow is an EOE M/F/D/V employer
Here are 8 reasons why your company should get an Emergency Ready Profile®
When fire or water damage puts the things that matter most on the line, you need the very best help on the line as well. That’s why knowing the easiest ways to contact SERVPRO® of Salem/Plaistow is so important. Just go to our website on your mobile phone or call 603.893.9700 to get the team that’s faster to any size disaster. We’re a leader in giving control back to homeowners, property managers, and even entire communities after the ravaging effects of water or fire. So whether you’re responsible for 1,000 square feet or 100,000 – be ready for the worst with the very best.
Here are 8 reasons why your company should get an Emergency Ready Profile® today on every one of your buildings.
- A no-cost assessment of your facility.
- A concise Profile document that contains only the critical information needed in the event of an emergency.
- A guide to help you get back into your building following a disaster.
- Establishes your local SERVPRO® Franchise Professional as your disaster mitigation and restoration provider.
- Identification of the line of command for authorizing work to begin.
- Provides facility details such as shut-off valve locations, priority areas, and priority contact information.
SERVPRO® of Salem/Plaistow is part of a Franchise System that has more than 50 years of leadership in cleanup and restoration. Our track record of results has earned us the trust of the insurance industry, countless homeowners in Danville, Hampstead, or Windham, NH, and in one unforgettable instance, even the Pentagon. We are quietly taking to the streets, every hour of every day, proving that whenever there is a house full of water or an office full of smoke, there is also a van full of clean.
Holiday Prep Tips
As we start getting closer to the holidays and the Christmas lights begin to shine, it's important that we all take a step back and remind ourselves of all of our blessings. 2021 has been a difficult and confusing year for all of us. COVID-19 has forever changed the way we live, interact, even breathe; through a mask! The biggest change that we fight to overcome is how to stay united as a community and help each other while maintaining social distancing guidelines and quarantine.
We at SERVPRO of Salem/Plaistow work hard every day to keep our local towns and municipalities safe and in the best position to combat the ongoing Coronavirus pandemic.
Don't let these uncertain times allow you to forget life's simple treasures that are still alive and well all around us. SERVPRO of Salem/Plaistow can provide you with an increased sense of control and confidence that you are taking every measure to continue to hold your friends and family near and enjoy them this holiday season.
Call us today at 603.893.9700 for a free quote on cleaning and disinfecting your home and/or business.
How SERVPRO works with you, not for you!
Our goal at SERVPRO of Salem/Plaistow is to save as much of your impacted property as possible, on every disaster. When assessing damage to your home or business after a fire, flood, storm, etc., our team will determine what can be cleaned and saved, such as furniture, contents, and structural materials. This allows you as the business or homeowner to get your life back faster and with much less interruption.
Restoration is much more cost-efficient than replacement. Sanding and refinishing our original hardwood floors will have a lot less impact on your wallet versus having to replace that floor and lose the original charm.
We offer you peace of mind. Many items cannot be replaced, such as important documents, antique furniture, and family heirlooms. SERVPRO of Salem/Plaistow always walks through the property right from the start to ensure that old worn out teddy bear gets the treatment it needs to bring it back to preloss condition!
We save time. No one enjoys having their kitchen or bathroom torn apart. Let SERVPRO restore!
It’s the preferred method of insurance companies. Insurance policies often have limits that cap the amount of a claim.
Better for the environment. Everything that is ripped up and taken away needs to go somewhere.
If you find yourself in the middle of disaster, our trained, certified professionals are just a phone call away. We are available 24/7/365 and we work with your insurance company to manage the process and paperwork. SERVPRO of Salem/Plaistow would love the opportunity to work with you to make it “Like it never even happened.”