Arson, Vandalism, Methamphetamine Labs, and Blood borne Pathogens
SERVPRO® of Salem/Plaistow Professionals has the necessary tools to safely complete these jobs so that it is safe for all to return.
Blood borne Pathogens
We remove and dispose of bodily fluids, tissue, and other pathogenic substances resulting from accident, trauma, crime, or death. Trained Professionals thoroughly clean, disinfect, and deodorize the structure.
Many of the chemicals used in the production of illegal drugs are volatile and can leave harmful residues throughout at structure. We follow federal and state guidelines to clean all surfaces.
Arson and Vandalism
We are recognized as leaders at helping property owners recover quickly from fire and water damage. We also provide general cleaning and deodorization services for situations resulting from vandalism including graffiti, egg, spoiled foods, and human or animal waste.
SERVPRO® of Salem/Plaistow Professionals has the necessary tools to safely complete these jobs so that it is safe for all to return, whether it be home or to work.
What to expect in winter – Salem/Plaistow New Hampshire
We have outlined a few of the hazards often seen when we are in the dead of winter.
What to expect in winter – Salem/Plaistow New Hampshire
Frozen pipes, puffbacks, ice dams, and the flu. Yes the fresh fallen snow is a beautiful sight for many, but all the complications that can accompany winter may leave you a little uneasy. Maybe you are a new home owner or business owner? Maybe this is your first time in a location where temperatures often dip into the negatives? Either way we have outlined a few of the hazards often seen when we are in the dead of winter.
A frozen pipe can burst at the point where the ice blockage inside the pipe is located, but typically the rupture is caused by the backflow pressure between the water sources and the blockage. A burst pipe can cause considerable damage to your property if not addressed quickly. To learn about how to prepare your home or business click here. (link to winter weather blog)
Ice dams form when heated air melts roof snow downward into water dammed behind still frozen ice. When the trapped water cannot safely flow or run into the gutter system, it can backflow under shingles and into your structure’s interior. Ice dams can be a major problem during the winter months. Be sure all gutters are cleaned and secured.
Puffbacks, Chimneys, and Space Heaters
A puffback is a messy furnace malfunction that occurs when an oil burner backfires, sending soot throughout your home or business. It can happen all at once covering an interior in grimy soot or a puffback can leak soot particles more gradually. Likewise a chimney fire could end smoke billowing throughout your home. Proper maintenance of your furnace and regular chimney checkups can help reduce these risks.
Space heaters present a greater potential for human error such as leaving them too close to combustible materials or failing to operate and maintain them properly. It’s important to remember to never sleep or leave a room with a portable heater still on, and keep combustibles at least 3 feet away.
Every year it seems that cold & flu season hits us earlier and harder than the year before. You can help prevent the spread of flu germs by depending on us to sanitize building materials, surfaces, and contents following restoration industry standards. We use professional cleaning products and EPA-registered cleaners and disinfectants.
Be prepared this winter and know SERVPRO® of Salem/Plaistow is available 24/7/365.
Fire Damage in Kingston, NH
SERVPRO® of Salem/Plaistow will always treat you, your tenant, and all those involved with empathy and respect and your property with care.
A business fire can be very stressful event for any property owner. Damage to personal belongings, contents of the building, and structure are just one concern. Timely mitigation is the key to controlling damage, while reducing downtime and recovery costs. Here at SERVPRO® of Salem/Plaistow, understand how disruptive fires can be for business owners, their tenants and even their customers. That is why we offer 24-hour emergency response. Our service response guidelines can help prevent fire damage from creating long-term problems.
Smoke alarm facts:
- Install smoke alarms on every level of the business, including the basement if your building has one.
- If your business has a kitchen, smoke alarms should be installed generally 10 feet from any cooking appliance
- Test the smoke alarms once a month
- When you change your clocks twice a year, change the batteries in the alarms also
- Replace the device when it is ten years old
Our Fire Damage Restoration Services
Since each smoke and fire damage situation is a little different, each one requires a unique solution tailored for the specific conditions. We have the equipment, expertise, and experience to restore your business after fire and smoke damage. SERVPRO® of Salem/Plaistow will always treat you, your tenant, and all those involved with empathy and respect and your property with care.
Have Questions about Fire, Smoke, or Soot Damage?
Call Us Today – (603) 893-9700
Biohazard, Vandalism, Hoarding, Sewage & Crime Scene Remediation and Cleanup
As items pile up in a home it can create a serious safety hazard. Hoarder homes become a breeding ground for pests and possibly unsafe pathogens.
Biohazard, Vandalism & Crime Scene Remediation and Cleanup
Exposure to biological and chemical contaminants can pose serious health consequences for building occupants, employees, customers and owners. Failure to properly handle and safely remove such substances can contribute to unhealthy and even dangerous environments.
SERVPRO® of Salem/Plaistow Professionals are trained to safely and effectively remove hazardous biological substances and prepare waste for proper disposal according to OSHA, EPA, and state and local health regulations. Equipped with the necessary safety equipment and cleaning products, our trained certified professionals, help turn unsafe environments into clean, safe homes and businesses.
Hoarders typically collect excessive amount of items. As these items pile up in a home it can create a serious safety hazard. Hoarder homes become a breeding ground for pests and possibly unsafe pathogens. SERVPRO® of Salem/Plaistow has the necessary tools to safely complete the job.
Sewage backups and black water intrusions are more than nasty and smelly. These damages also introduce harmful microorganisms into a structure. Trained Professionals remove the sewage, contaminants, and moisture disinfecting as they clean to ensure the structure is cleaned, disinfected, and deodorized.
Why does my business need an ERP?
Contact your local Sales & Marketing Representative at SERVPRO® of Salem/Plaistow and ask them to schedule an ERP for your business today!
An Emergency Ready Profile® also referred to as an ERP, is a no cost service offered by SERVPRO® of Salem/Plaistow to all business owners in the Sothern Rockingham County of New Hampshire. It contains critical information needed in the event of an emergency, to help you from becoming part of the 50% of business that do not reopen after a disaster.
Preparation is key for making it through any size business interruption whether it is a small water leak, large fire, or a burst pipe that flooded your business over the long holiday weekend. No one ever plans on these events and they usually happen at the most inopportune times. However, planning ahead for such disasters can save you a lot of time if you ever find yourself knee deep in waste water. Knowing what to do and what to expect in advance is the key to timely mitigation and can help minimize any “down time” to your business.
Emergency Ready Profile Highlights:
- No cost assessment of your facility.
- Concise document (also available digitally on an app), that contains all of the critical information needed in the event of an emergency.
- Establishes your local SERVPRO® as your disaster mitigation and restoration provider.
- Identifies the chain of command authorizing work to begin.
- Provides detailed information such as shut-off valve locations, priority areas, and contact information. It is so detailed it contains information for our crews so they know where to park, what door to enter, and what elevators to take if needed.
SERVPRO® is a leader in water and fire damage response and we want to help you quickly get your business back in working order. Now is the time to ask yourself, “Are you ready for whatever happens?”
Preparing your home and business for winter
We all know that winter means all Mother Nature has to unleash is on the horizon. Colder temperatures can bring frozen pipes, puffbacks, ice dams, and the flu. There are however many things you can do to help prepare your home and/or business for all winter throws at us.
Preparing your home:
- Keep cabinet doors open during cold spells so warm air can circulate around pipes.
- Keep a slow trickle of water flowing through faucets especially if they run through unheated or uninsulated areas of your home.
- Ensure gutter are clean and secure. Leaves and debris can accumulate in gutters which could lead to roof problems and water damage.
- Proper maintenance of your furnace can help reduce the risk of puffbacks.
Preparing your business:
- Inspect your business property for downed tree limbs and branches. Heavy wind , rain, ice, or snow can cause branches to fall which could cause damage to the property and potentially cause personal injuries.
- Check walkways and parking lots for proper drainage to alleviate flood hazard potential.
- Inspect all handrails, stairwells, and entryways to address and correct potentially slippery or hazardous areas. Install mats or non-slip surfaces and post caution signs where water could be present.
- Contact your local Sales & Marketing Representative at SERVPRO® of Salem/Plaistow, and ask about starting and Emergency Ready Profile (ERP) for your business. Click here to learn more about the ERP.
Are You Ready for Whatever Happens?
At Ready.gov/business, companies can find vital information on how to begin preparing their organization and addressing their unique needs during an e
This year for National Preparedness Month, join your community in preparing for emergencies and disasters of all types, and leading efforts to encourage the community as a whole to become more prepared. "Disasters happen" and not only devastate individuals and neighborhoods, but entire communities, including businesses of all sizes. We must work together as a team to ensure that our families, businesses, places of worship and neighborhoods are ready. At Ready.gov/business, companies can find vital information on how to begin preparing their organization and addressing their unique needs during an emergency. You can also contact your local SERVPRO® to find out more on how to be ready when disaster strikes with the Emergency READY Program®.If A Disaster Strikes, Will You Be Ready?It is important to prepare before a disaster occurs. Consider the following steps to help you better prepare for an emergency situation.
- Sign up for local alerts and warnings, download apps and/ or check access for wireless emergency alerts.
- Develop and test emergency communication plans.
- Assemble or update emergency supplies.
- Learn about local hazards and conduct a drill to practice emergency response actions.
- Participate in a preparedness discussion, training or class.
- Collect and safeguard critical documents.
- Plan with neighbors to help each other and share resources.
- Document property and obtain appropriate insurance for relevant hazards.
- Make property improvements to reduce potential injury and property damage.
Emergencies can happen anytime to anyone. Take action now to protect yourself and your property
Being In The Know Makes All the Difference
A thunderstorm is a rain shower during which you hear thunder. Since thunder comes from lightning, all thunderstorms have lightning.
SERVPRO® Shares a Thunderstorm Watch vs. Warning A thunderstorm is a rain shower during which you hear thunder. Since thunder comes from lightning, all thunderstorms have lightning. A thunderstorm is classified as "severe" when it contains one or more of the following:
A severe thunderstorm watch means that the potential exists for the development of thunderstorms which may produce large hail or damaging winds. A watch is issued by the SPC (Storm Prediction Center). A severe thunderstorm warning means that a severe thunderstorm is occurring or is imminent based on Doppler Radar information or a reliable spotter report. A warning is issued by the local National Weather Service office.
- Hail (one inch or greater)
- winds in excess of 58 mph
- Structural wind damage
*This information is provided by the National Oceanic Atmospheric Administration.
Make Sure Your Business is Ready At All Times!
We’re a leader in giving control back to homeowners, property managers, and even entire communities after the ravaging effects of water or fire.
When fire or water damage puts the things that matter most on the line, you need the very best help on the line as well. That’s why knowing the easiest ways to contact SERVPRO® of Lawrence is so important. Just go to our website on your mobile phone or call 978-688-2242 to get the team that’s faster to any size disaster. We’re a leader in giving control back to homeowners, property managers, and even entire communities after the ravaging effects of water or fire. So whether you’re responsible for 1,000 square feet or 100,000 – be ready for the worst with the very best.
Here are 8 reasons why your company should get an Emergency Ready Profile® today on every one of your buildings.
- A no-cost assessment of your facility.
- A concise Profile document that contains only the critical information needed in the event of an emergency.
- A guide to help you get back into your building following a disaster.
- Establishes your local SERVPRO® Franchise Professional as your disaster mitigation and restoration provider.
- Identification of the line of command for authorizing work to begin.
- Provides facility details such as shut-off valve locations, priority areas, and priority contact information.
SERVPRO® of Salem/Plaistow is part of a Franchise System that has more than 50 years of leadership in cleanup and restoration. Our track record of results has earned us the trust of the insurance industry, countless homeowners, and in one unforgettable instance, even the Pentagon. We are quietly taking to the streets, every hour of every day, proving that whenever there is a house full of water or an office full of smoke, there is also a van full of clean.
Are You Prepared in Your Community?
This year for National Preparedness Month (the month of September), join your community in preparing for emergencies and disasters of all types, and leading efforts to encourage the community as a whole to become more prepared. Disasters can happen and not only devastate individuals and neighborhoods, but entire communities, including businesses of all sizes.
As a business in your community, having a continuity plan can help protect your company, its employees and its infrastructure, and maximizes your chances of recovery after an emergency or disaster. You can do this by taking three simple steps:
- Plan to stay in business
- Encourage your employees to become ready
- Protect your investment
We must work together as a team to ensure that our families, businesses, places of worship and neighborhoods are ready. At Ready.gov/business, companies can find vital information on how to begin preparing their organization and addressing their unique needs during an emergency. You can also contact your SERVPRO® of Salem/Plaistow Professional to find out more on how to be ready when disaster strikes with the Emergency READY Program®.