The Real Value in SERVPRO of Salem/Plaistow
Our goal at SERVPRO of Salem/Plaistow is to save as much of your impacted property as possible, on every disaster. When assessing damage to your home or business after a fire, flood, storm, etc., our team will determine what can be cleaned and saved, such as furniture, contents, and structural materials. This allows you as the business or homeowner to get your life back faster and with much less interruption.
Restoration is much more cost-efficient than replacement. Sanding and refinishing our original hardwood floors will have a lot less impact on your wallet versus having to replace that floor and lose the original charm.
We offer you peace of mind. Many items cannot be replaced, such as important documents, antique furniture, and family heirlooms. SERVPRO of Salem/Plaistow always walks through the property right from the start to ensure that old worn out teddy bear gets the treatment it needs to bring it back to preloss condition!
We save time. No one enjoys having their kitchen or bathroom torn apart. Let SERVPRO restore!
It’s the preferred method of insurance companies. Insurance policies often have limits that cap the amount of a claim.
Better for the environment. Everything that is ripped up and taken away needs to go somewhere.
If you find yourself in the middle of disaster, our trained, certified professionals are just a phone call away. We are available 24/7/365 and we work with your insurance company to manage the process and paperwork. SERVPRO of Salem/Plaistow would love the opportunity to work with you to make it “Like it never even happened.”
So You Didn't Call SERVPRO of Salem/Plaistow
You come home after a long day of work, head towards the fridge to start the process of figuring out dinner only to step into a puddle of water on your way. You discover your ice maker water line has failed and you rushed to find the water main shut off. After finding some towels you set up a few fans and attempt to dry everything out. After a few days, everything seems fine and you start to work on getting someone to reinstall the water line.
The repairman comes out and pulls away the fridge only to find some black mold and bubbling paint. He tells you he can't fix the problem until the mold is gone. Now you need to call SERVPRO of Salem/Plaistow.
We come out and fully inspect the property. Our team finds that there is still water trapped between the subfloors and the wall is insulated and is reading wet against our moisture meters.
Now demo is involved along with costly repairs. The kitchen is now quickly becoming a construction site. Calling our trusted brand fast more often than not is the cheaper option! We work hard to restore not replace and have built strong relationships with major insurance companies.
Don't wait - call us for a free inspection and estimate. SERVPRO of Salem/Plaistow - 603-893-9700.
SERVPRO of Salem/Plaistow - Helping Keep Us All Safe.
As we start getting closer to the holidays and the Christmas lights begin to shine, it's important that we all take a step back and remind ourselves of all of our blessings. 2020 has been a difficult and confusing year for all of us. COVID-19 has forever changed the way we live, interact, even breathe; through a mask! The biggest change that we fight to overcome is how to stay united as a community and help each other while maintaining social distancing guidelines and quarantine.
We at SERVPRO of Salem/Plaistow work hard every day to keep our local towns and municipalities safe and in the best position to combat the ongoing Coronavirus pandemic.
Don't let these uncertain times allow you to forget life's simple treasures that are still alive and well all around us. SERVPRO of Salem/Plaistow can provide you with an increased sense of control and confidence that you are taking every measure to continue to hold your friends and family near and enjoy them this holiday season.
Call us today at 603.893.9700 for a free quote on cleaning and disinfecting your home and/or business.
Is your Plaistow, NH home ready for any Storm?
IF A DISASTER STRIKES, WILL YOU BE READY?
It is important to prepare your Hampstead, NH home before a disaster occurs. Consider the following steps to better prepare for an emergency situation.
- Sign up for local alerts and warnings, download apps, and/or check access for wireless emergency alerts. - Use Rockingham Alerts, Rockingham County NH Weather Alerts , and your local towns to have up to date information.
- Develop and test emergency communication plans with your coworkers and family to make sure everyone knows what to do.
- Assemble or update emergency supplies - including a gallon of water each day per person for at least 3 days, appropriate clothing for the time of year, non-perishable foods, etc.
- Learn about local hazards, and conduct a drill to practice emergency response actions.
- Participate in a preparedness discussion, training, or class.
- Collect and safeguard critical documents.
- Plan with neighbors to help each other and share resources.
- Document property and obtain appropriate insurance for relevant hazards.
- Make property improvements to reduce potential injury and property damage.
Knowing what to do in an emergency reduces the stress everyone feels. Take the time to prepare and in the long run, you and your family will be thankful! Call SERVPRO of Salem/Plaistow with any questions or concerns. 603.893.9700
Meet our Newest Production Technician - Felix
Felix Hernandez is SERVPRO's new Production Production Technician and has completed our rigorous SERVPRO HERO READY training. This program teaches advanced cleaning and restoration techniques and how to properly use our state-of-the-art equipment. This training program also focuses on listening skills and customer service. Felix has been with SERVPRO for 2 months now and we have enjoyed sending his smiling face to any client home, from Salem to Danville, NH! He has a great sense of humor and is one of the most polite and caring employees we have. Always going the extra mile to ensure our customers are informed and happy. In the past, Felix has worked in the construction industry and restored John Deer equipment. When not working, Felix enjoys spending time with his family and friends watching football!
Make SERVPRO of Salem/Plaistow your next Employer!
Come Join our Team!
Our Franchise is seeking someone who is comfortable working hard in challenging situations, enjoys meeting new people, has excellent communication skills, and is a serious multi-tasker. If you are self-motivated and have superb interpersonal skills, then you’ll thrive in this work environment.
Are you highly dependable and super-excited about routinely exceeding expectations? Then you may be our perfect hero!
As a valued SERVPRO® Franchise employee, you will receive a competitive pay rate, with opportunity to learn and grow.
- Inventory and load the work vehicle with equipment, products, and supplies needed for each project.
- Maintain a clean and organized vehicle and clean equipment appearance.
- Prepare rooms/areas for work activities. Set up staging area and equipment for each project.
- Leave jobsite with a clean and orderly appearance.
- Perform production processes following SERVPRO® production guidelines per work order per crew chief directions.
- Ensure clear two-way communication with crew chief and other technicians (especially regarding customer needs and concerns).
- Perform end-of-day/end-of-job cleanup and breakdown.
- Leave jobsite with a clean and orderly appearance.
- Effective oral communication
- Basic math skills
- Experience in cleaning/restoration preferred
- High school diploma/GED
- IICRC certifications preferred
- Ability to lift a minimum of 50 pounds regularly, occasionally up to 100 pounds with assistance
- Ability to climb ladders, work at ceiling heights, work in tight spaces (e.g., crawls spaces, attics)
- Ability to sit/stand/walk for prolonged periods of time
- Ability to repetitively push/pull/lift/carry objects
- Ability to work with/around cleaning products/chemicals
- Ability to travel locally and out of state when necessary
- Ability to successfully complete a background check subject to applicable law
Pay Rate: Negotiable based on experience, with possibility of overtime pay and increases based on merit.
Please visit our website, www.SERVPROsalemplaistow.com, for additional information.
Job Type: Full-time
Required license or certification: Drivers License
SERVPRO® of Salem/Plaistow is an EOE M/F/D/V employer
Your business is suffering - Count on SERVPRO
When fire or water damage puts the things that matter most on the line, you need the very best help on the line as well. That’s why knowing the easiest ways to contact SERVPRO® of Salem/Plaistow is so important. Just go to our website on your mobile phone or call 603.893.9700 to get the team that’s faster to any size disaster. We’re a leader in giving control back to homeowners, property managers, and even entire communities after the ravaging effects of water or fire. So whether you’re responsible for 1,000 square feet or 100,000 – be ready for the worst with the very best.
Here are 8 reasons why your company should get an Emergency Ready Profile® today on every one of your buildings.
- A no-cost assessment of your facility.
- A concise Profile document that contains only the critical information needed in the event of an emergency.
- A guide to help you get back into your building following a disaster.
- Establishes your local SERVPRO® Franchise Professional as your disaster mitigation and restoration provider.
- Identification of the line of command for authorizing work to begin.
- Provides facility details such as shut-off valve locations, priority areas, and priority contact information.
SERVPRO® of Salem/Plaistow is part of a Franchise System that has more than 50 years of leadership in cleanup and restoration. Our track record of results has earned us the trust of the insurance industry, countless homeowners in Danville, Hampstead, or Windham, NH, and in one unforgettable instance, even the Pentagon. We are quietly taking to the streets, every hour of every day, proving that whenever there is a house full of water or an office full of smoke, there is also a van full of clean.
Do's and Don'ts When Water Floods your Home or Business
Sewage backups and black water intrusions are more than nasty, smelly, deposits. These damages also introduce harmful microorganisms into a structure. The SERVPRO® of Salem/Plaistow Professionals remove sewage, contaminants, and moisture, disinfecting as they clean.
If you find yourself in a situation where a sewage backup is in your home or business, here are a few tips to consider before starting cleanup.
- Avoid all contact with sewage and items contaminated by sewage.
- Wash your hands thoroughly after contact with contaminated items.
- Spread contaminated water by walking unnecessarily on damages or wet areas.
- Turn on HVAC system if there is a possibility of spreading contaminated air.
- Use household fans to dry the structure and spread contaminants.
- Use products for personal hygiene and cleanliness if exposed to the contaminated areas.
Be sure to call the Professionals at SERVPRO® of Salem/Plaistow at 603-893-9700. We are recognized as a leading restoration provider by hundreds of insurance companies. We offer fast and reliable remediation services to residential and commercial property owners.
Flooding Can Happen Anywhere
Just because you haven’t experienced a flood doesn’t mean you won’t in the future. It happens fast and can happen anywhere. Having a plan for your home or business is critical for any severe weather event. Keep reading to learn more about protecting yourself, your business, and your property.
Develop a proper evacuation plan: Map out routes and mark areas or roads that might become unpassable due to flooding. If you approach a road or area that is flooded, turn around. Most cars can be swept away by less than 2 feet of moving water. If you are caught on a flooded road and waters are rising rapidly around you, get out of the car and move to higher ground.
Build an emergency care kit: Water, non-perishable food, battery powered radio, flashlights, first aid kit, personal hygiene items, cell phones and chargers, blankets, rain gear, extra clothing, baby supplies, copies of personal documents, and extra cash are some of the items to pack for you and your family. If you have pets don’t forget their supplies too!
Keep children out of the water: Kids are often curious and lack judgment or fear when it comes to water. Downed power lines and contaminated flooded areas add additional safety risks. Keep children close to you for their safety.
Extra Resources Never Hurt!
When water damage happens to your property in Salem or Windham NH, knowing who to call is the first step in relieving some of the stress. But when a flooding occurs? It is even better to know that we at SERVPRO® of Salem/Plaistow have a network of other franchises to pull in the equipment, resources and man power needed to help the large losses. Here are 5 examples of how we were able to support our local Plaistow, NH communities and others across the country.
- The Siberian Express in 2015 created record breaking broken pipes and ice dams. 257 SERVPRO crews helped during these ice dams, with even SERVPRO of Salem/Plaistow calling in help from Alabama and Tennessee to help our home and business owners in and around Pelham, NH.
- In April of 2016, the southern states were engulfed in 2-4 inches of rain per hour. Eighty-one crews produced over 360 jobs in this historic event that left Harris County with 18 inches of rain.
- Over 830 jobs were created in 2016 during the Louisiana Flooding. Twenty+ inches of rain caused rivers and other waterways to rise and flood Southern Louisiana. At least 185 crews from across the country helped get the community back in their pre storm condition.
- Hurricane Matthew in caused flooding the East Coast from Florida to North Carolina. One hundred sixty-nine crews mitigated over $7.5 million worth of damage to business owners and homeowners alike.
- Lastly, in East Tennessee, one of the largest wildfires in history struck the Great Smokey Mountains. Over 17,000 acres burned, and twelve crews came to the rescue to help the seventy families and businesses get the fire damage and soot under control.
SERVPRO® of Salem/Plaistow and these other teams can make any disaster “Like it never even happened.” We are there, no matter how big or small, call us 24/7/365 at 603.893.9700.