Kitchen Damage in This Pelham, NH Home
A flood in your home is stressful and worrisome, no matter how big or small. Here are 5 tips you can do in order to make the process smoother for all involved.
- Shut off the source of water if possible or contact a qualified party to stop the source
- Turn off circuit breakers for wet areas of the building, if it is safe to do so, and there is no worry of electrical shock
- Remove as much excess water as possible by mopping and blotting
- Wipe excess water from wood furniture after removing laps and tabletop items.
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks between furniture legs and wet carpeting to prevent staining.
With these tips, there can be less secondary damage until help arrives! Once SERVPRO® of Salem/Plaistow arrives, we will extract any remaining water, set up drying equipment and begin the process of to help make it "Like it never even happened."
In these photos, sometimes demolition is involved. The kitchen flooring was causing a vapor barrier and not allowing the subfloor to dry down. After removing the affected area, we were able to dry quickly and leave the area for a contractor to put everything back in place.