Summer Safety Fun
While this time of year is a great time to enjoy BBQs, fire pits, and fireworks, it is also a time to be wary of potential fire hazards that could impact your home or business in Kingston, NH.
Here are 6 tips to help keep your Summer fun AND safe!
- Keep a bucket of water or, as is required in many towns, a hose handy near your fire pit. If embers float out of your fire pit, or a log falls down from your bonfire stack and sets nearby foliage, paper, or other flammable materials aflame, you don’t want to be scrambling for a way to put the fire out.
- Supervise all fireworks that you are using (if fireworks are legal in your state, of course). Sparklers and pinwheels might seem “low risk,” but the reality is that there aren’t any fireworks out there that are safe enough for kids to use without adult supervision.
- It’s also important to ensure that no one tries to re-light fireworks that don’t work properly the first time. Dump these in a bucket of water and move on to the next package.
- Keep your grill or BBQ pit clean! Prevent accidental grease fires by cleaning out your pits or grease traps
- Inspect the area around your BBQ and campfire. It is important to make sure that you there is nothing flammable around where you are going to be lighting a fire. - Consider deck railings, overhanging, branches, dry grass, piles of dry wood and recycling, brush nearby
- When you will not be supervising the fire, make sure you put it out!
Thanks to American Alarm for this awesome information!
Keep us in mind if you are in the Windham, NH, Danville, NH or Salem, NH area! 603.893.9700